Yellow Belt Program
Study Online – 20 hours
$695 + tax
This program is aimed at health professionals such as Quality Administrators, Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Laboratory Technologists and Program Managers from organizations across the health sector including hospitals, health authorities, mental health and addictions, youth services, long term care, public and community health.
An Introduction to Lean
- What is Lean and why apply it?
- Goals and origins of Lean
- Application of Lean in healthcare
- A Lean improvement system
- Lean and continuous improvement
- Lean principles
- Value stream, flow, pull, and perfection in healthcare
- Creating value in healthcare
Applying Lean in Healthcare
- Key issues in healthcare
- Healthcare cost, quality, and value
- Creating value by managing processes
- Scope of Lean application in healthcare
- Healthcare and waste overview
- The concept of value in Lean
- Lean classification of wastes and Gemba walk
- Identifying waste across healthcare systems
Lean Healthcare Tools and Practices
- Kanban, POUS, Spaghetti Diagrams, and Standard Work
- Introduction to value stream mapping
- Applying 5S in healthcare
- Visual management in healthcare
The Kaizen Approach to Healthcare
- Types and impact of Kaizen
- Kaizen rules and events
- Kaizen implementation in healthcare
- Toward a Kaizen culture
PDSA and A3 Thinking in Lean Healthcare
- Lean and PDSA
- Introduction to A3 and A3 process
- Team communication
- Project management for team members
Problem Solving in Lean Healthcare
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Cause and effect diagram and 5 Whys
- Brainstorming and SCAMPER
- Force field analysis and countermeasures
Janine is a Lean Black Belt practitioner with 20 plus years expertise designing and implementing process/system improvements. She has significant experience in Lean deployment across the health sector with a focus on transactional/administrative processes. Janine is known for her ability to build and implement cross functional processes and systems through developing effective relationships and utilizing superior knowledge transfer techniques. Sample clients and partners include Ontario Public Health Association; Thunder Bay District Health Unit; Humber River Hospital; Baycrest Health Services; Halton Region Health Department and Brant County District Health Unit.
Book your online Lean Healthcare Yellow Belt Program and get your Yellow Belt for $695+ tax.
All prices are exclusive of tax.
Develop the know-how for applying Lean tools and practices across a variety of health environments.
Through this program, you will develop a solid understanding of Lean and how it is applied across a variety of health settings to increase service delivery efficiency and quality; improve patient and employee satisfaction, and reduce waste.
Expect to drive real change and transformation across your organization. This program is accredited and validated against stringent external standards.
Why Choose Us?
Over 10,000 health professionals from major organizations such as Toronto Public Health and Vancouver Coastal Health have successfully completed our Lean Healthcare Belt Programs.
Have a Question? Get in touch.
“Thank you for this great learning opportunity. It has provided knowledge and the necessary tools to help create positive, lasting change in the healthcare sector.”
Wanda Sear, Registered Nurse, North East Community Care Access Centre.
Suite 805, Toronto, ON,
M4T 1N5, Canada